Sunday, September 16, 2007

Nesting while resting?

Some friends threw me a cleaning party a few weeks ago, right after chemo #2. I was not allowed to do anything but tell folks what needed doing. I'm still really blown away by the generosity and kindness of this group of people I've only known for a few months since moving here. My kitchen was completly unpacked and set up and my hard wood floors got a thorough cleaning. I'm really looking forward to the time when I can reciprocate. :)

Chemo #3 was just over a week ago. This one hit me harder than any of them in terms of side effects, though I was up and around sooner than normal. My last chemo is in 2 weeks. It's getting harder to do anything for the house so I'm spending a lot of time looking for ideas and dreaming. I'm still obsessing over my windows and have found a local carpenter who does beautiful work. I'm planning to talk to him about the cost of restoring my existing windows versus replacements. It would be really nice to make my single hung windows into double.

The main branch of the library downtown has an entire room devoted to housing and neighborhoods and has tons of pictures available so folks can see what their houses might have looked like back in the day.

No comments: