Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A major hurdle cleared

At long last, I had my surgery. Yesterday. The tumor is gone. The chemo showed amazing results that could be clearly seen on my mammogram. The doctors were all really happy about it. I'm waiting for the final biopsy results, then I rest for a month and start 3 weeks of radiation. Then I can finally leave this liminal state and get back to making plans for the future.

Said plans aren't all that complicated - I want to start taking long walks again, start painting my rooms, sew fanciful window treatments, and unpack the rest of my boxes. I'm raring to go on my 41 windows, too. I talked to a nice man who presented at the Renovate Roanoke window restoration workshop and he invited me to call him for advice on restoring my 41. Oh, and go back to work. My old job is no longer available, unfortunately, but it does open a new door for something new that will make me happier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!

Skymosher said...

Thanks! I'm still reeling from good news-ness. :)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That is really wonderful news. How nice to have that behind you.

I also wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my blog. Your medical scare helps put things in perspective for me. We are both blessed in many ways.:-)

Skymosher said...

Maryam, your blog has been a real source of inspiration for me during the healing process. :)