Monday, January 21, 2008

Holy Moly it's freaking COLD!

Even though southwest Virginia tends to be way warmer than my former home in the greater Philadelphia area, these mountains are COLD this week! It went below 30 degrees last night!

What does this have to do with my house? Ha! My house, like so many 1920s abodes, has no wall insulation. Brrr. And let's not EVEN talk about my leaky windows that are still leaky even after the shrink plastic. There were cold breezes wafting though my kitchen last night. I had my thermostat turned up to an embarassingly high temp last night and it was so cold out that my inside temp never got over 66 degrees. That's frigging cold.

I look into my crystal ball and forsee blown-in insulation. Oh Hell, yeah.

In other news the radiation treatments are going well. I feel a little better each week despite the tightly controlled sunburn. That nasty yet life saving chemo is slowly leaving my system. w00t!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you are feeling better!

It's really cold here, too.. but since we are in COlorado we have ATTIC insulation that keeps us toasty. YOu might look into that... we have no wall insulation, either, but a ton of attic insulation. It keeps the house pretty warm! (Plus, it's easier to install!)

Skymosher said...

Thanks for the good wishes! :)

I will definitely look into attic insulation. I'm amazed that it does so much good! Easier is an absolute plus.